New Patient Office Visit
Thank you for placing your trust in the experts at Northern Arizona Orthopaedics!
If you have not yet scheduled an appointment, please call to speak to a scheduler at 928.774.7757 or request an appointment HERE and we will call you. If you have a NEW injury (less than 1-month old) consider using Urgent Ortho. No appointment is necessary for Urgent Ortho – you can walk in and it operates on a first-come, first-served basis.
Save 45 minutes: pre-registration via E-mail will save you time
If you are new to NAO or it has been over a year since we last saw you, we will need you to fill out information online before visiting us. Our check-in process is electronic and it’s much easier if you start this process in the comfort of your own home. If you DO NOT pre-register online, it’s okay. We will help you when you arrive, however, you will need to be here 45 minutes before your appointment time.
- PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS WHEN YOU SCHEDULE WITH US. We will email the forms after the phone call.
- Our practice requests the use of email to aid in SECURE communication between you and our medical teams. Also, if our practice can email you registration materials in advance, you will not be required to arrive 45 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- AN EMAIL FROM NAO WILL START YOUR REGISTRATION PROCESS:
- Please look for an email from Northern Arizona Orthopaedics which will provide you a link to complete your patient registration forms before arriving. If you complete these forms, please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to see the doctor.
- If you do not wish to pre-register ahead of time, then please arrive 45 minutes prior to your appointment for on-site registration.
- INSURANCE CO-PAYS ARE DUE AT TIME OF SERVICE:
- We will attempt to verify your insurance eligibility, fulfill authorization requirements for your specific services and determine your financial liability prior to your check-in.
- If your insurance does not cover the entire cost of your care, you will be expected to pay the remainder at the time of services.
- Our Billing Department can set up payment arrangements under certain circumstances.
- Your co-pay, deductible and/or co-insurance are due at the time of service.
- We accept cash, check, and all major credit cards.
- MAKE SURE TO GET A REFERRAL FROM YOUR DOCTOR, IF YOUR INSURANCE REQUIRES IT
- If your insurance plan requires a specialist referral from your primary care physician, you will need to get this referral BEFORE to your office visit.
- If you are unsure if you need a referral, please check with your insurance company.
What should I bring to my appointment?
- A smile! Let’s work on healing you!
- Your health insurance card(s)
- A referral from your primary care physician, if applicable
- Your co-payment (payment is due at time of service)
- Your medications in original bottles, if possible. If this is not possible, a list of your current medications will be fine.
- A copy of your x-rays, MRI, blood tests or any other diagnostic testing you have completed regarding the condition for which you will be treated.
- A pair of shorts if you will be evaluated for a knee or hip condition
- Our female patients are encouraged to bring a tank top if evaluated for a shoulder injury/condition.
- If you are a minor (under the age of 18) you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Bring a translator if needed
- If you are a Workers’ Comp patient, please bring these items with you:
- Workers’ Comp Insurance Name and Address
- Claim #
- Date of Injury
- Case Adjuster’s name, phone and fax numbers
What can I expect during my visit?
- You will be greeted immediately by our Navigators who will guide you in your next steps and location of your appointment.
- You will visit one of our 6 Specialty Centers (Sports, Arthritis, Spine, Hand, Foot or Urgent Ortho) and check-in at the front desk.
- We have the most amazing Medical Assistant (MA) team! He or she will escort you to your exam room.
- Our MA will review your medical history with you.
- We have extra shorts or a gown if we need you to change out of your clothing.
- If the doctor or PA needs a better look at your injury, we may ask that you have x-rays taken within our office.
- Our Physician Assistants provide diagnosis, care and treatment for you under the doctor’s direction. The PAs at NAO are licensed and specialized experts in orthopaedic care and are an important part of our care-model here. It is likely you will be visited by a PA during one or more of your clinic visits with us.
- After your exam, if there is a follow-up appointment needed, you can set that up at the front desk, where you checked in.